Intrigue Publishing Staff
President - Denise Camacho
Denise Camacho is the president of Intrigue Publishing. With over 10 years in the publishing realm, she brings her knowledge and expertise to those wanting to branch out and become published authors. As the president, Denise has the responsibility to review new submissions and make recommendations to the acquisitions team that are worthy of becoming properties under the Intrigue Publishing banner. Her other responsibilities include managing contract negotiations with potential authors.
Editorial Director - Austin Camacho
Austin Camacho is the Editorial Director for Intrigue Publishing. With over 12 years of experience in the publishing industry, he brings a wealth of knowledge and knowhow to the publishing world.
Austin S. Camacho is also the author of five detective novels in the Hannibal Jones series -The Troubleshooter, Blood and Bone, Collateral Damage, Damaged Goods, and Russian Roulette plus four action thrillers - The Payback Assignment, The Orion Assignment and The Piranha Assignment and The Ice Woman Assignment.
Active in several writers’ organizations, Camacho is a past president of the Maryland Writers Association and teaches writing at Anne Arundel Community College. In 2012 he helped launch Intrigue Publishing.
Marketing Director - Sandra Bowman
Sandra Bowman is the Marketing Director of Intrigue Publishing. Bowman came to Intrigue Publishing with over 5 years of experience in marketing. As a published author of 2 novels and currently working on a mystery, Bowman has shown that she has what it takes to bring authors along in the world that she calls "Author ville." She actively participates in local events that encourage young people to use their creative minds to weave a story.
Author Liaison - Cynthia Lauth
Intrigue – a verb meaning:
- To arouse the curiosity or interest of by unusual, new, or otherwise fascinating or compelling qualities; appeal strongly to; captivate: The plan intrigues me, but I wonder if it will work.
- To achieve or earn by appealing to another's curiosity, fancy, or interest.
- To draw or capture: Her interest was intrigued by the strange symbol.
Intrigue Publishing was established in May 2012 with the objective of publishing at least four books each year. We strive to publish books, by authors who have a unique perspective and compelling authority. These will be works that intrigue the reader, that is, arouse the readers curiosity with their unusual, new, fascinating and compelling qualities.
We will achieve success in the publishing industry and earn for ourselves and our authors by producing books that appeal to the reader’s curiosity, fancy and interest. We will nurture authors who can create quality works that will appeal to the reader’s interest. We will mentor authors who produce writing that cannot be ignored.
We believe that talented authors deserve attention not only from publishers, but from readers as well. To sell the book is only the beginning of our mission. We will work to build avid audiences of readers who are enriched by the books we produce and are eager for future publications. Our library of works may span several genres but all will have certain commonalities:
- Each book will entertain its readers.
- Each book will be carefully edited, designed, and produced.
- Each book will have a month-long launch in which it is the imprints sole focus.
- Each book will have a national publicity campaign.
- Each book will have both a print and a digital strategy.
- Each book will be worthy of the attention of discerning book reviewers.
- Each book will appeal to a mass market with major sales potential.
- Each book will be promoted well into its publishing life.
Copyright ©2012 Intrigue Publishing. All rights reserved. Website design by Iconix